Wednesday, April 18, 2012

April

Well, getting up in the a.m. to workout was short lived. I only did it that one day. I totally dropped the ball in March with working out. I still tried to eat better but it was pretty much a lost effort.
Then there came April. This was going to be my month. I was going to really start focusing on my end goal to get me through me little goals. My daughter turned a year so no more excuses of "I just had a baby so I'm allowed to look like this" while eating a donut.. haha! Then at the beginning of the month I got sick, very sick. Not throw up sick. I was super achy, my throat was killing me, I had horrible coughing fits- it was horrible! The Dr. was concerned about it turning into bronchitis or pneumonia. A few days after I got sick, Harlow got the croup. So all traces of energy were gone! And poor Adam! Luckily for me (not for him) he was on spring break, so he would take care of Harlow through the night and I would sleep.
So here it is. Adam has had enough of my saying my clothes don't fit. He tries very hard to cheer me up and help me find something else to wear but with me being sick and not being able to workout and/or lose weight, he has signed me up (with my approval) for Weight Watchers. I have been on it for almost a week and I am so excited about it! I pretend that I can tell a difference already, but I really am excited! I love finding meals that are within my points. I am eating different things all of the time and they are delicious! I had crepes with fresh strawberries yesterday for breakfast. Yes, tracking the points is not always on my list of things to do, but I have been staying within my points every day and have yet to touch any "splurge" points.
My motivation: this is not cheap. We definitely could afford it, but we had to put money into it. We can't afford to just give them money and then eat my chips and cake. I wake up excited for what I'm going to have for breakfast and plan my lunch. I am really enjoying eating better and seeing what my points are doing. I feel in control of my life. Yes, I miss my junk food- my chips, extra helping, bigmac. But I WANT to fit into my clothes better! I WANT to stop feeling hopeless and helpless with my weight! I WANT to feel cute again! I WANT to stop being the large one in the family.
I don't have to do this. I don't have to keep track of my points. No one is going to glare at me (except for my husband for wasting our money). I am not going to meetings. This is all my choice. I am enjoying being in control again and choosing what yummy foods I am going to have. I love being able to decide where my points are going. I look forward to every meal because I know it's going to be delicious and healthy.
So FUN!!!

1 comment:

  1. awesome congrats! Sounds like a great choice! And sounds like you really married a winner! Can't wait to meet him and Harlow hopefully this summer!!!

    ReplyDelete